Comparison of attainment charts

This is probably a long-haul thing, but it would be really good to have a way of comparing two sets of attainment data side-by-side. I realise you can use the progress overview, but I’m thinking of being able to see two coloured bars, like from the attainment overview, alongside each other so you can visually see, for example, an increase in proportions meeting the expected standard.
It would also be useful for us to be able to compare two different sets of data from the same time period, such as test scores and TA judgements.

Hi @Michael_Tidd1, hope you’ve had a nice summer!

This may not be as long haul as you think. We have a new report in the works (currently in testing but basically done). It’s a pretty powerful report, designed to let you build the pro-formas you need to generate each term. Below I’ve included a few examples of what it’ll let you do.

Comparing attainment from 2016-17 summer against 2017-18 summer, for Reading, Writing, Maths years 1-6:

Comparing the summer teacher assessment against the NFER scores (apologies that my demo is lacking in data!). This is for Reading, Year 6, grouped by Key Groups:

We’re still figuring out the best ways to make this report user-friendly, as it’s… slightly intense! But if you’d like to be an early tester, just email me at sarah@insighttracking.com and I can send you a link to have a play around with it with your own data.

1 Like

You certainly know how to make a headteacher happy!
I’ll definitely email you.

I was nervous looking at the control panel for this report. But it is SO useful. And we’ll keep improving it to try to make it as easy to use as possible. Watch this space! Sending you your preview link now…

Hi Sarah. This report looks like it might be just what we need too! Please could you allow me access so I can have a play?
Many thanks
Joanna Wood
Jwood@eastington.gloucs.sch.uk

Sarah, I want to be an early tester for this report-please will you send me the link? I think I love it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::purple_heart:[quote=“Michael_Tidd1, post:1, topic:1238, full:true”]
This is probably a long-haul thing, but it would be really good to have a way of comparing two sets of attainment data side-by-side. I realise you can use the progress overview, but I’m thinking of being able to see two coloured bars, like from the attainment overview, alongside each other so you can visually see, for example, an increase in proportions meeting the expected standard.
It would also be useful for us to be able to compare two different sets of data from the same time period, such as test scores and TA judgements.
[/quote]

Hi @Davinia_Pearson and @Joanna_Wood, I’ve just emailed you both with links to the pivot table for your schools. Sorry @Joanna_Wood, I didn’t see your message before today - my mistake!

Hi Sarah - I think I might like to do reports like this - but may need my hand holding along the way!

Thanks Sarah. I’d like to be an early tester for this. Thank you.

Hi Sarah,
Please could we be a tester for this - looks just perfect!

Thanks

Hi @Amy_Arnold and @Charles_Applegate, I’ve emailed you both with links to the new report to have a play with!

Hi Sarah,
This looks exactly like I am trying to work out how to do on the tables function. Am I right in saying this table compares different cohorts but for each year group. So one yr2 cohort in 2016 compared to another yr2 cohort in 2017?

Could you send me a link please so I can have a play around with our data?

Thanks

Natalie

Hi @Natalie_Taylor, I’ve emailed you through a link to have a play with the new report.

Unfortunately it isn’t designed to let you make comparisons between two different cohorts in that sense, but you could certainly build a report and print it for each cohort, to make comparisons. We do occasionally get asked about cross-cohort comparison, so it is something we’ve got on our radar as a maybe for the future.

Thanks for the link Sarah and then your further response.
I think to be able to do my cross cohort comparison I need to have the option to tick multiple academic years like it is possible with the year groups.
Is this something that can be added in?
Thanks

Hi @Natalie_Taylor it’s on our radar, but we’re not sure how it would be implemented yet, so can’t guarantee anything. Sorry! For now you’d have to print off the reports for the two different cohorts.